SEMGIRL

Hi, I was just your typical 19 year old Seminary girl in South Jersey (if you don't know where I mean, you are probably on the wrong blog). We all have nisoynos, challenges, and experiences, both positive and negative. Here is where I have decided to share some of them.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Introduction

This is my first blog, so I am probably very inexperienced at it. I have been visiting numerous blogs over the past year and a half both as a reader, and occasionally an avid commenter. While I have enjoyed many of them, I havent really found one that adequately discusses the issues I face from day to day. While I'm not your average frummy goody-goody girl, BH I'm not completely off the derech either. Both my online friends as well as, real-life Sem-friends have told me on more then one occasion that there really aren't any blogs out there that deal with this. I will admit that I really loved TheGirlsh. Howev she stopped writing about two months ago. Also, my friends and I are not British.

This blog is aimed at girls, like myself who may be considered "bummy" (I hate that label), by teachers, shadchanim, nauseatingly f-frimter girls, and even their own parents. I think we are just living in a very complicated world that doesn't always make sense. We have numerous nisoynos constantly and we are just trying to deal with them as best as we can. Whereas, my brothers have Rebbeim, and learning and excellent support-systems in place, I feel I am just short-changed. Constantly, I am being pressured to conform to sorts of social rules and conventions, while being given very little by way of explanation and understanding. Maybe this isn't the case in all American frum communities. I would like to think its not, but is very real where I live and go to school.

I would like to discuss on this blog, social activities with other girls and married women, Shidduchim, dating (not necessarily marriage-oriented), Tznius, Negia, and other things as they come up.

18 Comments:

Blogger thekvetcher said...

what is it you want to know kid. btw do you baby sit?

6/16/2005 3:03 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Hey, in response to your comment on my blog, I am on frumster. I don't know what it is though, I get NO responses. I'll worry about dating once I move back up to LA. I've been down in San Diego for ten years and the dating scene is crap :) But, thanks for the little "push" :)

6/16/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger EN said...

Welcome to the blogging world. :)
Let it all out. :)

6/16/2005 5:55 PM  
Blogger EN said...

P.S. I'm a cute boy.

6/16/2005 6:00 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Thats not fair. Tamara posts her picture. EN says he's a cute boy but doesn't post.

Tam you are very pretty, but I dont swing that way.

EN, you are a tease.

6/17/2005 10:51 AM  
Blogger EN said...

I would post my picture, but it might come back to haunt me if I go on a date with someone who reads my blog. ;)

6/17/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

I know what you mean.

6/17/2005 12:29 PM  
Blogger thekvetcher said...

COME ON GUYS WE CAN GET A BETTER DIALOG THAN THIS

6/17/2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger LostSpirit said...

Vellcome to blog velt. I can not offer much on the “social activities with other girls and married women, Shidduchim, dating (not necessarily marriage-oriented), Tznius, Negia,” but I some times try to get along with a git vort so good luck and looking forward.

6/17/2005 3:46 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

F_yid:

Well on a neg note, if you are happily married, thats very uncool. Its not right to your wife or the other girl. All 3 of you are bound to get hurt.

As for your other point, you are right, maybe a few years ago, I could hear you. I am in way too deep now. I go on my regular very Yeshivish shiduchim, which are mostly disapointing. And, I meet unbelievably cute frum guys (BOCHURIM, I stay away from married guys) at bowling, movies, pizza places, etc.. and that is my biggest weakness.
Planning to write about it, when I get thru the more important issues I plan to discuss.

6/19/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger thekvetcher said...

confused: we have a vixen on our hands here.

6/19/2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger thekvetcher said...

tamara: you should hook up with SEMGIRL maybe your social life will pick up.

6/19/2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger Hoezentragerin said...

Semgirl,
Whatever you do, just remember this rule:

That hot sexy lover who will climb through your window to be with you in bed while your parents are asleep in the other room, once married, he will be the first one to climb out of your window....

6/20/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger thekvetcher said...

HOEZ, YOU GOTTA GIVE HIM SOMTHING TO STAY FOR

6/20/2005 5:25 PM  
Blogger Ben Sorer Moreh said...

You go, girl! I like your 'blog and the candid way you're dealing with "stuff" Best of luck. Also, remember, there are many types of good Jews (and people) in and around "Torah Town" and I hope you can learn from them. I've posted a link to your 'blog in the "inspirations" section of mine.

Ben, old enough to be your daddy

6/21/2005 1:45 PM  
Blogger The Hedyot said...

Welcome to the blog world and good luck on making it successful. May you express yourself well. May you be open to learn new things. May you have the courage to honestly reexamine your assumptions as they may be challenged.

6/21/2005 8:43 PM  
Blogger Avi said...

Nice article semgirl. Dont drop Ben he sounds like a winner. When it comes time to get married, DONT let your parents pressure you. You will have to live with whatever decision YOU make. Nobody else

7/06/2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger Armoth said...

Just came across your blog - really interesting. Your site represents a struggle that I am really familiar with (i have sisters), and that I have a hard time dealing with.
Looks good!

8/14/2005 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension