SEMGIRL

Hi, I was just your typical 19 year old Seminary girl in South Jersey (if you don't know where I mean, you are probably on the wrong blog). We all have nisoynos, challenges, and experiences, both positive and negative. Here is where I have decided to share some of them.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chesed Knows No Bounds

Just thought I should post this, for anyone who still reads this blog..


Found on Luach.com (Thanks O!)

Personal Shopper for Chesed
If anyone knows of any girls that are in shidduchim that need help
picking out outfits, make up, hair, etc. Please feel free to email
me. Hashem gave me a sense of fashion and I would love to use it to
help girls in need. You can email me at Lissy389 [at yahoo]

8 Comments:

Blogger Jacob Da Jew said...

Got u on google reader so, yeah, i guess you still have followers.

8/25/2009 8:33 PM  
Blogger %Shocked% said...

Lol. I still read your blog.. But you haven't posted anything in, ummm, almost 9 months lol.

Very cute ad.. I know some people who could probably use this lady... :P

8/25/2009 11:46 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

thanks , I'll try and post more often..

8/26/2009 5:28 PM  
Blogger kisarita said...

stupid do gooder bais yaacov girl.

if you're really good, charge money. if you really want people to call you, charge money. no one will take you seriously otherwise.

9/10/2009 7:32 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

You sound bitter, Kisarita. I thought it was a nice gesture for Elul..

9/11/2009 6:41 PM  
Blogger kisarita said...

what do you know? I contacted her with my sage advice and she said that she had already got three "clients". I was quite surprised, as in my experience, I've noticed the less you charge, the less people value your services. If you want to help people I would have reccommended that you state your charges but offer special rates, even as little as five dollars, to people who feel they can't afford.

But even if I was wrong, I'm still very opposed to this do-gooder bais yacov mentality. Somebody has to teach these girls to use their ingenuity to MAKE MONEY, which in my opinion is no less a mitzva than any other.

Bais yacov teaches its girls to give, give, give. That's what I don't like about it. Nothing wrong with giving, but they have to learn that its ok to do for themselves too.

9/13/2009 10:00 PM  
Blogger chanie said...

Bad4 beat you to it, semgirl...

I think it's dumb..."such" chesed, let me be your fashion advisor. Only a bored soul who loves to shop and has no money to do it with would volunteer such a thing...

And I have no fashion sense, but neither do I care to have one.

9/14/2009 7:07 AM  
Blogger kisarita said...

Not so dumb, there are plenty of people who are willing to pay for a personal shopper, but you're right, I'll be your free personal shopper as a chessed somehow doesn't sound so noble

10/02/2009 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension