SEMGIRL

Hi, I was just your typical 19 year old Seminary girl in South Jersey (if you don't know where I mean, you are probably on the wrong blog). We all have nisoynos, challenges, and experiences, both positive and negative. Here is where I have decided to share some of them.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Real Role Model

It isnt often that I meet a young lady on or offline that I find so impressive and inspirational, so when I do, I felt a short post about her was due.

Recently, I made the acquaintance of a very fascinating, accomplished young lady online. I really wish that I knew her in real life. She started out like so many of us, a rather innocent, very spoiled Bais Yacob girl (well actually, she comes from a very Chasidish family, so she didnt exactly go to BY, but you get the picture). When she was about 16, she became very sick with Yenna Machla R"L. In Hashems infinite chesed and compassion, she had a miraculous recovery, followed by a romantic courtship and wedding that most of us only dream about.

She was kind enough to send me a link to her blog, which I posted here a few weeks ago. Unlike the silly, whimsical, albeit entertaining blogs, such as mine and most of the blogs that I've been a reader and commenter of these past few years, this is a very serious, well written, yet humorous blog that will make you laugh, cry, and feel good at the same time. I highly recommend it and can not say enough praise.

Currently, she is very active in many Chesed activities. Due to her tremendous anivus, she asked me not to write about them. Suffice it to say I know very women twice her age that are involved in a fraction of what she is. This is addition to a full-time job teaching in Bais Yacob and pursuing an eventual career in Law. It is one thing to hear a lecture in school or at a Chinese auction, or read a book, its quite another to see it for real.

I am totally and completely in awe of this girl, and very embarrassed when I consider what my friends and I were doing at 19, basically just running after boys, finishing up Seminary, and obsessing about fashion and the latest fads. I totally recomend checking out her blog...

20 Comments:

Blogger Jacob Da Jew said...

You have to fix the link.

5/13/2007 1:50 AM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Thank you very much for alerting me, jacob.. All taken care of.

5/13/2007 2:00 AM  
Blogger ggggg said...

Thanks for posting about this blog. I enjoyed it.

5/13/2007 10:05 AM  
Blogger J.A.P. said...

Ouch.

Haven't blushed this much in years.

There are some things that are not 100% on the mark. If you want the corrections email me-

I'm just picturing my mom reading this and thinking "OMG this aint my kid..."

I'm flattered, honest.

5/13/2007 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the people who deserve the praise most usually get it the least, so it's a great thing to shine a spot light on one of such, who is a true role model, and leaves all of us with inspiration.
thanks Semgirl ,a dn thank J.E.P.

5/13/2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger J.A.P. said...

DNP

Heya semgirl,

I dunno how u managed to scrape all that info about me together, but ur good :)

Please please please take out that second to last paragraph about the stuff I do. I do it on my own and i have a lot of friends who read ur blog and i dont really want them to know everything that I do...or anything... yaknow?

also, i went to Machon- regular BY school- I am chassidish, but ended up there, long story.... the cancer story aint the only one Ive got :(

also Law? No LOL. Forensic Psych. but you can keep it at Law because the DH thinks it sounds good :)

Thanks so much, and again, I'm flattered.

5/14/2007 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you..This girl touched my heart....

We need more strong women like her to give women like me a gezintah reality check....

5/15/2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger Chaya said...

SG: This is one of your best ever, keep it up.. You see there is positive stuff out there to write about..

5/16/2007 11:54 AM  
Blogger yingerman said...

Thanx

5/16/2007 3:15 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Wow...admirable.
We need more ostive bloggers out there
Thanks for sharing

5/18/2007 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also touched by her story, thanks for your visits and recent very kind comment on my blog.

6/03/2007 5:19 PM  
Blogger exsemgirl said...

why is it that all great anchei tzibur who do so much for the community all have something in their history that propelled them to do it.
Why can we never learn to do so much without the suffering first.

6/13/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Gloria... I didnt post your comment as you asked. You can merely click on my profile for my email. Its rochel_abc@yahoo.com.

About that blog, I wouldn't take it so seriously, seems to me like some bored guys having a few laughs..

6/13/2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Thats an excellent question exsem, I believe the Chovos Halovos and Mesillas Yesharim both ask the same thing. Yesurim bring out the best in people, the same way that cooking brings out the best in food..

6/13/2007 3:35 PM  
Blogger Evahava said...

I’m a novice in the blog world and I read your stories and comments with a lot of interest. I couldn’t help and jump in to share with you this amazing website I just recently discovered, www.fridaylight.org. It addresses to all Jewish women who are interested in lighting the Shabbat candles.

I personally lit my first Shabbat candle 2 months ago, at the age of 26. Reciting the blessing in front of the flame made me realize how meaningful this action is. I felt overwhelmed with peace and serenity. Now I’m registered on www.fridaylight.org and I get the lighting times every week by email and on my cell. Check it out, I think you’ll like it… Let me know!

6/14/2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger chaverah said...

you cant blame us for what we do at 19. We were just kids. Its sad what she had to go through at 19. THAT is what we should never know.

6/15/2007 10:34 AM  
Blogger Frimmy said...

I guess Im late commenting here but i was a nice post and thanks for being my first commenter

6/20/2007 12:24 AM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Thanks Chaya, I'll try and keep it up..

EvaHava.. Very nice website, I sent it to a lady who in N Zealand that is studying to become a guyoress..

Chavera..I know..I know, read the first few posts of my blog..

Frimmy..welcome, happy to meet you..

6/20/2007 1:44 AM  
Blogger chanie said...

i fixed it, it was a glitch.

7/09/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger halfshared said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/16/2007 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension