SEMGIRL

Hi, I was just your typical 19 year old Seminary girl in South Jersey (if you don't know where I mean, you are probably on the wrong blog). We all have nisoynos, challenges, and experiences, both positive and negative. Here is where I have decided to share some of them.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, New Jersey, United States

Monday, April 03, 2006

UPDATE




Ok , now for the update you have all been patiently awaiting, and I have been really dying to write. B”h, I finally found some time for it.

I had an unbelievably , wonderfully romantic date after the first one that I wrote about . It started off in Manhattan near Central Park. We rode in a very elegant, stately horse-drawn carriage all around Central Park West and 92nd St for about an hour having a very fascinating conversation and taking in the sights and sounds of New York City, it was absolutely marvelous.
This was followed by an incredibly sumptuous meal at Abigails. Which is undoubtedly one of my favorite restaurants in the world, after the fabulous Steakhouse in the Laromme hotel, and the bistro on Diezengoff. On subsequent dates, we enjoyed the fine dining experiences of Kosher Delight, Mr. B’way, FugiHana, Levana, VaBene, and a few other really great ones that were out of this world.

After many, many phenomenally awesome day and night excursions, we finally started to take things seriously. As enjoyable as the fun and games were , it was finally time to take the plunge , despite considerable insecurities on both of our parts as we both had bad experiences in the past. Both of us had to be extremely cautious as we had suffered broken engagements in the past. But it was finally time for a lil Daas Torah.
First it was my turn, so I went to a big Rov in Brooklyn that I have known and trusted for years. After a very comforting and reassuring conversation, it was my partner’s turn , so off to Canada it was.




I consider myself very fortunate to say that the Tosher Rebbe is the holiest, most spiritually looking person I have ever seen in my entire life. After receiving a warm brocha from him, we were walking down Rue De Andre Roullette, when my soon-to-be Chossan in a most unromantic manner said, “Uh, this means were engaged”. I guess even the air you breathe in Tosh, affects even the most debonair guys.. But I was still very happy. About five weeks later, we were married.
It was very hush, hush and only my closest friends on or offline knew, due to the fact that I had several nr engagements, and one broken engagement in the past. So I wasn’t really going to get excited until it was fait acompli. To be honest, I am still not sure it really happened even with the ring on my finger or the annoying encumbrance on my head.
I must say, that it is a bit of an adjustment. We had our first official fight in the middle of Sheva Brochas week. I banged my hand on the table in frustration. Unfortunately I dented my Calla Zaiga in the process, a $4000 gold and diamond watch that was bought in France.
But all in all, the Chasana and Sheva Brochas was really wonderful and I am very happy.
I want to express my heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to all my friends who constantly me Chizuk and encouragement, you know who you are.
Lastly, in lieu of wedding presents, I am posting a button on the side of the blog, for a very Choshuva orphanage in Bnei Brak that helps a lot of children. Check out their website. I hope to be able to post more regularly now.

27 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Congratulations. May you have a long and happy marriage.

4/04/2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

*faints*





Mazel Tov....So happy for you...
WOW you are good at keeping secrets...I hear the CIA is recruiting..
:-)

May you see Joy..Joy and nothing but...

4/04/2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Y.Y. said...

mazel tov simcha only and no fights or disagreements

4/04/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Wow, what great news! Mazel tov! You were too quiet, should have known something was up!

4/04/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Looking Forward said...

MAZEL TOV!

since it's impossible to suggest you'll never fight, i give you a brocha that all your fights should be followed by heartfelt appologies, and they should only be over things worth fighting about.

4/04/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Mazel Tov!! I feel so new to the blogging world, but I guess not that new since I'm sooooo happy for you!! All the best!!

4/04/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger smb said...

Oh my G-d!!

Mazal Tov, I wish for you and your husband to live happily together.

4/04/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

mazal tov! may you share many happy and healthy years together.

4/04/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger MUST Gum Addict said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Mazel Tov! What wonderful wonderful news! May you both be zocheh to build a bayis ne'man. Looking forward to hearing more details!

4/04/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

SG - You made my day! Dating is certainly a Nisayon, but the reward is endless. Your Chosson should be the answer to your dreams, and your dreams should lead you on a path of Beracha and Hatzlacha. Thank you for sharing your Simcha with us, and I'm glad you'll be staying with us in Blogland.

4/04/2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger chanie said...

Mazel Tov!!! That is the best news, and certainly worth the wait! I wish you both much happiness in the years to come, and may you know only simchas! Moshaich NOW!!!
P.S.- are you still going to blog?

4/04/2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

I hope to respond to everyone later this week..

firejew:

You misread...I got engaged after four and a half months...It was five weeks from engagement till the Chasana

4/05/2006 1:31 AM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Limey, thats hysterical. I fell off my chair laughing on almost everyone of those.

4/05/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

Mazel Tov, this is amazing news.
I think you were smart not describing the dates, the engagement and Sheva Berachos in too many details.
Believe me fighting the first week of marriage is not unusual (banging one's head, maybe a little more so).
Enjoy being a Misses.

4/06/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Mata Hari said...

Mazel Tov! I love the idea of the clandestine wedding. Who needs all the pressure?

4/06/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Tipesh said...

First, Mazel Tov on your engagement, marriage and first fight.
I hope you had to pay to fix your watch. After all, if you lose control and damage something shouldn't you be the one to pay.
I was very upset to see your reference to the "the annoying encumbrance on my head". If a person persists on groaning about keeping mitzvos and doing the right thing, they are bound to let something go eventually. Either them or their children will give up something so be careful.

4/07/2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

limey...of course he helped with the code on the side about kayak race for tzedoka..

TB.. thank yu, nice to 'see' you again. I was going to say what you just said about Sheitls, but you put it more eloquently. Maybe my next post will be about sheitls.

4/07/2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

Mazal Tov! You're married?! Wow, congratulations! :)

4/07/2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

WOW Sem Girl...a huge Mazel Tov to you. I hope you're enjoying the new feeling of being a wife and sharing your life with someone. This is an amazing part of life.

4/08/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

Again, congratulations, also, I wanted to wish you many years of health, happiness, hatzlacha and life together. May you be worthy of building a "bayit ne'eman b'yisrael." :)

4/09/2006 1:09 AM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Browneyed :

Thank you so much..I really appreciate it. I am also happy to see you resumed your very well written blog again. I really gain from reading it, as a sort of catharsis.

4/09/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So wait, lemme get thhis straight--not only are you engaged, but you're MARRIED. Jeez, talk about anonymity.
My friends have been asking, "Is SemGirl engaged yet?" So, now I will call and tell them you're married. Whoa.

Does this guy know about your internet habits? More importantly, the Movie theatre incident that you wrote about?

Where are you guys living?

And I hope your blog doesn't become a married kid shoving it in all our faces.

Also, how was your wedding hush-hush? Sounds so celebrity. like Brad and Angelina's "hush hush ceremony" that hasn't happened yet.

How can it be hush hush? Don't u have friends? and your parents and his parents? How can everyone not know about it? For all I know I was AT the freakin thing and didnt know it was you!

4/10/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Tipesh said...

I never said it was easy to wear a sheitel. (BTW, I am a man and I have never worn a sheitel but I have a wife and sisters) However, focusing on the difficulty is what is dangerous to your future Yiddishkeit. Pop American phsychology seems to believe that if a feeling is true then it can't be wrong to talk about it and talking about it is the only way to deal with it. This is not true. Some things should not be said even if they are felt and this is one of them.

4/11/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

That is so sweet of you, Michelle.. I wasn't even sure if you still followed my blog. Its very flattering to hear that you are calling your friends about me. He is very cool about blogging. So far, he already put the pictures up and taught me some other geeky stuff, and wants to spruce it up a bit.

The movie story is very tame in contrast to other wild times in HS and Israel. You mean to say you never had fun when you were younger, or even now in BC. Live a lil, girl. Soon you will be old and gray and regret you didnt.

We are still in Lakewood, for the time being. No immediate plans, just taking it one day at a time. I definitely, would consider a friendly out of town community down the road.

I would never "shove it in your face" , Michelle. I'm surprised that you would think that. It wasnt hush-hush. I just wasnt running around telling everyone, because I once had a broken engagement, and really humilated myself and my family. So this time I kept as low a profile as possible.

You were dancing with me. Just kidding ( or maybe not) .

4/11/2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Margaritagirrl said...

I'm writing to you because I received your e-mail, and as a result, went to your blog, where I read the wonderful, wonderful news.
I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness together, until 120!
Remember, marriage is like a job, it's easy to get if you give a good interview, but you must keep working at it, every single day!!
I'm truly very happy for you!
MAZEL TOV

4/17/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Guess its time to write a new post.. Its too quiet here.

4/24/2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger the sabra said...

mazel tov and lots of hatzlacha, semgirl

5/02/2006 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension